Long Island Elder Care
FOR MOM: Whether your Mom needs help for a few hours or twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, we’re here to help and address any of your concerns. All of us here at “Nanny’s For Granny’s” take Senior Home Care very serious. We treat your Mom like we would expect our Mom to be treated. While we’re all going to grow old, some will age more gracefully than others, some will need more personalized attention, some less, from an in-home health aide. Here, we strive to maintain and improve their quality of life with dignity, respect, and compassion in the privacy of their Long Island home.
FOR DAD: Whether your Dad requires a few hours a day or continuous personal care, the services of “Nanny’s For Granny’s” can put some of your frustrations or worries at ease. If your Dad is plagued by Dementia, Alzheimer’s, requires Geriatric care, or maybe just needs some companionship to keep him safe while at home on Long Island, you’ve come to the right place. This is what we do and all we do. We take into consideration the pride and ego of many men, we consider the fact that up until this point in their life, most have been fairly independent and are used to doing everything themselves. We try to maintain that level of independence where possible, with one of our senior long Island caregivers only an arm’s length away at all times.
Through careful interviews with family members, we try to find the right caregiver for his situation. Whether they be a male or a female caregiver, we will come to that decision together. We can honestly say, most times men are a bit skeptical but once a caregiver is in place, their whole personality changes for the better. Below you will find some of the duties our caregivers perform.
Most of our caregivers have certifications in many areas of expertise to include CNA’s (Certified Nursing Assistant), HHA’s (Home Health Aid), PCA’S (Personal Care Aid) and some with higher level of degrees. Most have experience and know what to expect from seniors plagued by Alzheimer’s, Dementia, or those in need of Geriatric care. Specific areas in New York that we provide Senior Care assistance on Long Island, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Nassau and Suffolk County. We tailor our services to fit every budget and requirement. Give us a call to see what we can do for you. Below you will find some of the duties our caregivers provide.
Hourly, Weekly, In-Home Health Aide Services Available on Long Island:
- Offer Companionship and Conversation
- Monitor Diet and Eating Habits
- Check Food Expiration’s
- Assist With Morning Wake Up & Preparation
- Assist With Evening Tuck In & Preparation
- Arrange Appointments & Provide Reminders
- Provide Medication Reminders
- Assist With Walking
- Assist With Getting In & Out of Bathroom, Shower
- Answer The Door & Telephone
- Assist with Clothing Selection
- Care For House Plants
- Participate in Craft Projects, Play Games, Cards
- Oversee Home Deliveries
- Rent & Play Movies
- Provide Light Housekeeping – dust furniture, wash dishes, light vacuum
- Prepare Grocery List, Clip Coupons
- Write Letters, Dictations, Correspondence, & Mail
- Plan Visits, Outings, Trips
- Visit Neighbors & Friends Within Walking Distance
- Visit Neighbors & Friends With A Car*
- Escort For Shopping, Religious Worship, Errands*
- Plan, Prepare, & Clean Up Meals
- Take Out Garbage
- Make The Bed & Change Sheets
- Do Laundry
- Discuss Current Affairs & Local News
- Local Errands* – pick up prescriptions, dry cleaners, post office
- Organize & Clean Closets
- Assist With Pet Care
- Escort To Appointments*
- Accompany To Luncheons, Dinners*
- Assist with Bathing
- Assist with transfers
*Anything marked with a Star(*) will require transportation at .75 cents per mile, and will be billed accordingly.